The board of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) on Thursday decided to revise the fee it charges from various intermediaries in a bid to fund its programme in investor awareness, education and protection in FY15.
“The board considered the proposal relating to Budget Estimates for the financial year 2014-15 and proposals for Fee Revision based on recommendation of Committee on Rationalisation of Financial Resources,” said Sebi in its statement.
Laying down the agenda for FY15, the board of Sebi decided to stress on investor awareness and education and enhance the regulator’s reach to potential investors. The regulator said that it will also look to beef up its processes to protect investors and will not only focus on capacity building but also raise the standard of its supervision and enforcement functions.
Sebi will raise, “Standards of supervision and enforcement functions in market place such as strengthening market surveillance and investigation functions,” said the regulator in its release.
While Sebi will revise the fee charged for various services in a bid to fund its planned objectives, it has clarified that they will have minimal impact on the investors. The changes in fee structures will be notified by the regulator through circulars going forward.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It is expected that Sebi will revise the registration fee and other fee for stock exchanges, mutual funds, brokers and other intermediaries.
While the total fee received by Sebi in the FY12 stood at Rs 154.5 crore, it slipped marginally to Rs 149 crore in FY13 as per the unaudited accounts.