Micromax is now Indias second largest smartphone maker and has clear ambitions of becoming the largest,for which it will have to vanquish market leaders and tech giant Samsung. While Micromax started out as a company that offered affordable alternatives,it now has the confidence to enter the premium phone range where it hopes to offer devices that have better value for money. Its new Canvas Turbo A250 is clearly aimed at those who need a top-end phone,but cant spend top bucks for the same.
It might be cheaper than other premium Android devices,but this phone does in no way feel cheap or plasticky. In fact,the build quality is good enough for me to start thinking of the HTC One,which is at the very pinnacle as far as Android designs are concerned. Though not a unibody design,you cannot remove the rear flap of this phone. There are two micro-SIM slots on the sides,which can be popped open with a stylish pin that has the Micromax fist logo on it. Very classy. This logo is there on the rear too,in metal and all shiny. Again classy,especially when you are looking at the black colour variant.
My only design complaint is that the capacitive buttons at the bottom are hidden,especially when you are under a bright light. The quality of the five-inch FullHD screen above it is superb though. The touch sensitivity is great too. The 13MP camera and LED flash are nestled on the top of the phone. The charging port is on the top of the screen,which could be a bit awkward at times. The micro-USB as well as the headphone cable are flat and very modern.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Running a 1.5 Ghz quad-core Mediatek process,this phone is a couple of clicks ahead of most other phones in this price range. So performance will not be an issue even when you are multi-tasking. We clocked a Atuntu Benchmark score of 15481 and a Quadrant score of 4709,both of which put this phone just above HTC One X. This is quite good for a phone that is priced under Rs 20,000. Remember,the HTC One X costs at least Rs 8,000 more.
The Turbo has a good camera which came up with surprisingly decent results. This is why the camera features some Camerazzi gimmicks like object eraser and cinemagraph that work quite well. However,the phones most touted blow to unlock feature is a bit of a cropper as it did not work for me at all. Anyway,it works only when you have clocked the phone with a certain app,thus defeating the very purpose. However,the smart gesture features of Android work really well.
One really good add-on is the ‘ifloat tray’ which is like a button that is there on your screen all the time. It lets you access most used features like calls and messages wherever you are,even the camera. The only problem here is that the small dot that unfurls the tray is there on all screens and can become an eyesore at times.
Should you buy it
This is a stylish phone that will be able to fulfil most of your demands as far as performance is concerned. Don’t buy this for the gimmicky features but for solid build quality and reliable performance,along with the affordable price tag.
What is inside: This Android 4.2.1 device has a 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display powered by a MTK 6589T Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7 with 2GB RAM. The rear camera is 13MP,while the internal storage is 16GB,which cannot be expanded. The phone has two micro-SIM slots and is 3G capable.