Reliance Jio has enrolled 1.6 crore subscribers in the first 26 days of commercially launching its operations on September 5, the company said on Sunday.
At the AGM of Reliance Industries Ltd, its chairman Mukesh Ambani had said that Jio has set a target of acquiring 10 crore subscribers “in the shortest possible time” and an aim to cover 90 per cent of India’s population by March 2017, which experts believed would be tough for the company to achieve.
“The run-rate of SIM card sales since the launch of the welcome offer is 1 lakh per day. With the addition of more distribution channels (eg, mom-and-pop stores), our channel check indicates the run-rate to go up 3-4 times. Total current subscriber base is 5 million,” brokerage Motilal Oswal had said in a report. The report had said that considering three to four times growth in daily subscriber addition from the then level of 1 lakh, monthly addition worked out to 90 lakh, leading to about 3.6 crore subscribers by end of December.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know