BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy on Thursday said that Raghuram Rajan should be removed as RBI Governor as he was responsible for the “rise in unemployment and collapse of industry”.
“In my opinion, the RBI governor is not appropriate for the country. I do not want to speak much about him. He has hiked interest rates in the garb of controlling inflation that has damaged the country,” Swamy told mediapersons at Parliament.
- Raghuram Rajan planted ‘time bomb’ in Indian financial system: Subramanian Swamy
- Stop misusing people like Swamy to attack democratic institutions: Congress tells PM Modi
- Raghuram Rajan deserves second term as RBI governor: Digvijaya Singh
- Sack Raghuram Rajan, he’s a disaster…mentally not fully Indian: Subramanian Swamy to PM Modi
- Not to be discussed in media: Arun Jaitley when asked if Raghuram Rajan will get second term
- Raghuram Rajan expresses interest in second term, says ‘there is always more to do’
He said that Rajan’s actions had “led to collapse of industry and rise of unemployment in the economy”, and “the sooner he is sent back to Chicago, the better it would be.”
“All the industries have collapsed and as a result unemployment has increased. In my opinion, he should be removed as early as possible,” he added.