Italian two-wheeler maker Piaggio today rolled out its third Vespa brand premium segment scooter Vespa S priced at Rs 76,495 (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
As part of its India-business strategy, the company now plans to bring most luxurious offering from Vespa stable, Vespa 946 with a Rs 8-9 lakh price tag, Piaggio Vehicles chairman and managing director Ravi Chopra told reporters after the rollout.
The company, which is present in the local market through a wholly-owned subsidiary, Piaggio Vehicles, had launched the first Vespa model in mid-2012.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Vespa 946 scooter, which will be priced at Rs 8-9 lakh, is aimed at the collectors and the people who are passionate about such offerings. It is the essence of style and design. It is hand-crafted with the latest technology. We hope to introduce the scooter as completely built unit in the next two-three months,” Chopra said.
The Piaggio Vehicle is studying the viability of bigger scooters in the domestic market, he said, adding “in the next three-to six months we will get to know the outcome.”
Piaggio has so far sold 70,000 Vespa scooters since its foray into the segment in the domestic market.
The 125 cc Vespa S is also loaded with features like disc brakes, tubeless tyres, single piece steel monocoque chassis and is available in four colours.