Finance Minister P Chidambaram today said both the government and the RBI have acted in tandem to bring down price rise, even as food inflation at 8.8 per cent still remains a worry.
“Both the government and RBI have acted in tandem (to bring down inflation). While our efforts have not been in vain, there is still some distance to go,” he said in the Interim Budget for 2014-15.
Chidambaram, however, said: “Food inflation still remains a worry although it has declined sharply….”
The wholesale price based inflation has fallen to a 8 month low of 5.05 per cent in January, while the retail inflation was at a two-year low of 8.79 per cent.
Inflation in food articles category in January stood at 8.8 per cent. It was 13.68 per cent in the preceding month.
The central bank factors both retail and wholesale price based inflation data in its monetary policy.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The Reserve Bank had increased a key interest rate by 0.25 per cent to 8 per cent in its Third Quarter Review of Monetary Policy on January 28.