Yellow was the colour for the Jaitley family when Finance Minister Arun Jaitely presented his maiden budget in Lok Sabha on Thursday.
While 61-year-old Jaitley wore a yellow Jawahar jacket over his usual off-white kurta pyjama, his wife Sangeeta and their daughter, who were watching the budget presentation from the Speaker’s gallery, too came wearing yellow-coloured suits.
According to Hindu mythology, Thursday is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Brihaspati, the Guru of Gods, and devotees adorn yellow coloured clothes and offer yellow flowers to propitiate god Vishnu and Brihaspati.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen