The Odisha government has signed an agreement with the TiE Silicon Valley as part of its efforts to develop the state as an IT hub and attract US investment.
Under the agreement, the Odisha government would have a professional stationed at Tie Silicon Valley headquarters in Santa Clara, California, thus making it the first Indian State to do so.
The TiE is a non-profit network of entrepreneurs and professionals.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“We intend to hire a business development person who will spend his time promoting Odisha as an investment destination,” said Venktesh Shukla, President of TiE Silicon Valley.
The MoU was signed by a senior delegation from Odisha that included Vishal K Dev, the Odisha Industries Secretary, and G Mathi Vathanan, Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Industrial Promotion and Investment Corporation of Odisha Limited.
“The objective is to create awareness about the potential and opportunities that exist for the IT sector in India and then to create interest in the Silicon Valley for venture capital funding and outsourcing,” said Vathanan.
He added that a team of professionals would be in Bhubaneswar dedicated for the purpose to focus on attracting investment from the Silicon Valley.