Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s pet project Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT) has the potential to generate over 10 lakh jobs by 2022, an official said.
GIFT city, which is being developed by the Gujarat government, aspires to cater to India’s large financial services potential by offering global firms a world-class infrastructure and facilities.
“It is a pet project of Narendra Modi. He was monitoring it personally when he was the Chief Minister. What we are doing is that we are implementing his brainchild. New Chief Minister Anandiben Patel has also been a part of the project.
“If you take the job potential in expanding economy of the country, on a pan-India basis about 10 lakh jobs can be created,” GIFT MD & Group CEO Ramakant Jha told PTI in an interview.
The Rs 65,000-crore project is being developed on the lines of global financial services centres, spread over three phases of development to be completed by 2022.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
GIFT city has two components of development – domestic financial centre and international financial services centre.
It is being developed on 886 acres of land, of which 673 acres is in possession of GIFT. It has multi-services Special Economic Zone (SEZ) of 250 acres and domestic finance centre and associated social infrastructure on 423 acres.
The state-of-the-art GIFT city will be supported by all basic urban infrastructure comprising external connectivity by roads, metro and BRTS, Jha said.
GIFT is conceptualised as a global financial and IT services hub on the lines of globally benchmarked financial centres such as Shinjuku, Tokyo, Lujiazui, Shanghai, La Defense, Paris, and London Dockyards, he added.
The project is located on the bank of Sabarmati river and is around 12 km from Ahmedabad International Airport.
Jha said many banks and IT companies have already established their offices there.
The Gujarat government is developing GIFT city through a joint venture between its undertaking Gujarat Urban Development Company Ltd (GUDCL) and Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Ltd (IL&FS).