Country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on Tuesday reported a 5.5 per cent decline in total sales in March at 1,13,350 units as against 1,19,937 units in the same month last year.
The company said its domestic sales declined by 5.2 per cent during the month to 1,02,269 units as against 1,07,890 units in March 2013. Sales of mini segment cars, including M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, declined by 11 per cent to 40,085 units as compared to 45,047 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
The company said sales of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz rose by 9.3 per cent to 28,285 units in March this year as against 25,868 units last year. MSI said sales of its popular compact sedan Dzire declined by 14.1 per cent during the month under review at 17,237 units as against 20,078 units in March 2013.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The company’s mid-sized sedan SX4 registered a decline of 54.5 per cent to 411 units as against 903 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month. Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, rose marginally at 6,499 units in March this year from 6,488 units in the corresponding month last year.
Sales of vans Omni and Eeco rose 2.6 per cent to 9,752 units in March this year as compared to 9,506 units in the same period of the previous year. Exports during the month declined by 8 per cent to 11,081 units as compared to 12,047 units in March last year, MSI said.