Country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on Tuesday reported a 5.5 per cent decline in total sales in March at 1,13,350 units as against 1,19,937 units in the same month last year.
The company said its domestic sales declined by 5.2 per cent during the month to 1,02,269 units as against 1,07,890 units in March 2013. Sales of mini segment cars, including M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, declined by 11 per cent to 40,085 units as compared to 45,047 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
The company said sales of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz rose by 9.3 per cent to 28,285 units in March this year as against 25,868 units last year. MSI said sales of its popular compact sedan Dzire declined by 14.1 per cent during the month under review at 17,237 units as against 20,078 units in March 2013.
The company’s mid-sized sedan SX4 registered a decline of 54.5 per cent to 411 units as against 903 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month. Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, rose marginally at 6,499 units in March this year from 6,488 units in the corresponding month last year.
Sales of vans Omni and Eeco rose 2.6 per cent to 9,752 units in March this year as compared to 9,506 units in the same period of the previous year. Exports during the month declined by 8 per cent to 11,081 units as compared to 12,047 units in March last year, MSI said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016