Country’s largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on Tuesday reported a 33.5 per cent increase in its total sales for June at 1,12,773 units as against 84,455 units in the same month last year.
The company said its domestic sales rose by 31.1 per cent during the month to 1,00,964 units as against 77,002 units in June 2013.
Sales of mini segment cars, including M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, rose by 52.1 per cent to 47,618 units as compared to 31,314 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
The company said sales of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz rose by 6.2 per cent to 22,293 units in June this year as against 20,996 units in the same month a year ago. MSI said sales of its popular compact sedan Dzire rose by 27.4 per cent during the month under review at 15,990 units as against 12548 units in June 2013.
The sales of company’s mid-sized sedan SX4 rose by 2.5 per cent to 322 units in June as against 314 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month.
Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, rose marginally at 5,003 units in June this year from 4,997 units in the corresponding month last year. Sales of vans – Omni and Eeco – increased by 42.5 per cent to 9,738 units in June this year as compared to 6,833 units in the same period of the previous year. Exports during the month rose by 58.4 per cent to 11,809 units as compared to 7,453 units in June last year, MSI said.