Country’s largest car-maker Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) on Tuesday reported a 33.5 per cent increase in its total sales for June at 1,12,773 units as against 84,455 units in the same month last year.
The company said its domestic sales rose by 31.1 per cent during the month to 1,00,964 units as against 77,002 units in June 2013.
Sales of mini segment cars, including M800, Alto, A-Star and WagonR, rose by 52.1 per cent to 47,618 units as compared to 31,314 units in the year-ago month, MSI said in a statement.
The company said sales of the compact segment comprising Swift, Estilo, Ritz rose by 6.2 per cent to 22,293 units in June this year as against 20,996 units in the same month a year ago. MSI said sales of its popular compact sedan Dzire rose by 27.4 per cent during the month under review at 15,990 units as against 12548 units in June 2013.
The sales of company’s mid-sized sedan SX4 rose by 2.5 per cent to 322 units in June as against 314 units in the same month last year. There was no sale of premium sedan Kizashi during the month.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sales of utility vehicles, including Gypsy, Grand Vitara and Ertiga, rose marginally at 5,003 units in June this year from 4,997 units in the corresponding month last year. Sales of vans – Omni and Eeco – increased by 42.5 per cent to 9,738 units in June this year as compared to 6,833 units in the same period of the previous year. Exports during the month rose by 58.4 per cent to 11,809 units as compared to 7,453 units in June last year, MSI said.