The 12th Auto Expo may have come to an end but the excitement generated among automobile enthusiasts across the country promises to linger on. The recently concluded Auto Expo (February 5–11) drove the quest for more details on search giant Google.
If the search trends on Google are any indication, Maruti Suzuki’s newly launched Celerio emerged as the most searched car online
across categories while BMW i8 emerged most favourite in the luxury segment during the last week.
A major shift was witnessed in the search pattern, with fuel-efficient SUVs surpassing the Sedans in the online search. According to Google’s report on highest searched car segments, SUVs followed by Sedan remained the most searched segment of cars displayed during the Expo. Hatchback got the third position followed by sports car. The concept car featured at fifth position in the list of most searched automobile segment. Searches on keywords including ‘luxury car’ or ‘premium car’, ‘electric car” were not significant enough to appear on the search trend chart, Google data revealed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Talking about the largest automobile segment including the small and mid-sized hatch back, the much anticipated Celerio attracted the largest traffic under automobile search on Google followed by Tata Bolt, Hyundai Xcent, Honda Jazz and Toyota Etios Cross. Google users searched with keywords like Celerio, Celerio Maruti, Suzuki Celerio and Celerio price, the search trends revealed.
Priced between Rs 3.9 lakh and Rs 4.96 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), Celerio was launched by Maruti Suzuki India on Thursday last.
Luxury cars including the BMW i8 and Audi G3 were among the most searched luxury cars during the Auto Expo week. Even though German luxury car maker plans to unveil ‘i8′ hybrid sports car next year, it topped the search trends in luxury car segment. The BMW Group launched the first production series of its all-electric ‘i3′ city car last week. The BMW created a separate ‘i’ sub-brand to market electric vehicles.
According to Google’s data, the Sedans and sport utility vehicles (SUVs) were among the most sought after launches during the 12th Auto Expo. Among the SUVs and Sedans, Honda Mobilio made its mark online followed by the Ford Fiesta that was re-launched this season.
Others that trailed in this category on the Google search were Volkswagen Taigun, Corolla Altis and Skoda Superb.
Among the concept cars showcased during the expo, Suzuki Ciaz remained the highest searched cars online followed by Ranault KWID and the Figo Concept. The ones that trailed were the Datsun GO, Jaguar F- Tronic, both of which attracted very little interest online.