The 12th Auto Expo may have come to an end but the excitement generated among automobile enthusiasts across the country promises to linger on. The recently concluded Auto Expo (February 5–11) drove the quest for more details on search giant Google.
If the search trends on Google are any indication, Maruti Suzuki’s newly launched Celerio emerged as the most searched car online
across categories while BMW i8 emerged most favourite in the luxury segment during the last week.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
A major shift was witnessed in the search pattern, with fuel-efficient SUVs surpassing the Sedans in the online search. According to Google’s report on highest searched car segments, SUVs followed by Sedan remained the most searched segment of cars displayed during the Expo. Hatchback got the third position followed by sports car. The concept car featured at fifth position in the list of most searched automobile segment. Searches on keywords including ‘luxury car’ or ‘premium car’, ‘electric car” were not significant enough to appear on the search trend chart, Google data revealed.
Talking about the largest automobile segment including the small and mid-sized hatch back, the much anticipated Celerio attracted the largest traffic under automobile search on Google followed by Tata Bolt, Hyundai Xcent, Honda Jazz and Toyota Etios Cross. Google users searched with keywords like Celerio, Celerio Maruti, Suzuki Celerio and Celerio price, the search trends revealed.
Priced between Rs 3.9 lakh and Rs 4.96 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), Celerio was launched by Maruti Suzuki India on Thursday last.
Luxury cars including the BMW i8 and Audi G3 were among the most searched luxury cars during the Auto Expo week. Even though German luxury car maker plans to unveil ‘i8′ hybrid sports car next year, it topped the search trends in luxury car segment. The BMW Group launched the first production series of its all-electric ‘i3′ city car last week. The BMW created a separate ‘i’ sub-brand to market electric vehicles.
According to Google’s data, the Sedans and sport utility vehicles (SUVs) were among the most sought after launches during the 12th Auto Expo. Among the SUVs and Sedans, Honda Mobilio made its mark online followed by the Ford Fiesta that was re-launched this season.
Others that trailed in this category on the Google search were Volkswagen Taigun, Corolla Altis and Skoda Superb.
Among the concept cars showcased during the expo, Suzuki Ciaz remained the highest searched cars online followed by Ranault KWID and the Figo Concept. The ones that trailed were the Datsun GO, Jaguar F- Tronic, both of which attracted very little interest online.