Bluetooth speakers now come in different shapes and sizes. Cylindrical,drum or tube-shaped or even saucer like,we have seen them in various appearances. The Z600 Bluetooth speakers from Logitech are a work of fine art; with gentle curves,a fabric finish and pleasant colours,the Z600 perfectly complement the good looks of your Apple Macintosh or the present-day,thin and good-looking notebook computers from numerous vendors. When placed next to the computer,the Z600 look like beautiful flower vases with gray fabric grilles. On or off,they add a graceful note to any space.
Out of the box,the silver coloured Z600 are pretty light and look more like computer speakers but Logitech wants us to use them more as wireless speakers,hence the Bluetooth capability. There is a white strip that runs up the length of the satellite from the audio cable connection.
On the right speaker,the white strip holds the Bluetooth and power buttons and,behind a rubber door,an 3.5 mm auxiliary input. Other than that,the top of the control speaker holds a touch disc and Bluetooth status light,micro-USB port and AUX jack.
Set up was a simple affair at my end. While the speakers are wireless,they still have cords. You connect the speaker wires to the Y-connector and plug the power supply into an outlet. On the control speaker,you will need to press the power button and a tone tells you that the speakers are powered and ready for use. When pairing a Bluetooth device,such as a notebook computer or a mobile phone,you need to press the Bluetooth button. The status light will blink rapidly to indicate that the speakers are ready for pairing.
Often,Bluetooth connections can be a little troublesome with computers. That is why Logitech has included the USB transmitter so the speakers will quickly and easily pair up with your computer and stream audio more reliably. The transmitter also allows for smooth switching between connected devices.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
To better fit your audio devices and personal style,the Z600 speakers offer a choice of wireless connection options: You can use the USB transceiver if your computer does not support Bluetooth wireless technology. Or,you can use Bluetooth wireless technology to play audio from multiple devices or a device lacking USB.
You can connect your computer or any other device to the speakers with the included 3.5 mm audio cable,but take my word,it is much more convenient to go wireless. You can pair upto three devices at a time and switch between them easily. And wherever your audio is storedcomputer,tablet or mobile phoneswitching is as easy as pressing Pause on one and Play on another.
The Z600 has a touch volume control and this really impressed me a lot. You can adjust the volume with an intuitive touch instead of fussing with a tiny control knob. Just glide your finger around the edge of the top panel of the right speaker to dial the volume up or down. The Power button,Bluetooth pairing button and 3.5 mm auxiliary input are hidden discreetly in back of the right speaker. They are easy to access when you need them and invisible when you dont.
Let us come to the actual performance of the Z600 speakers. Despite its small footprint,the speakers deliver clear,room-filling sound. And this the first thing you will notice about the Z600s; that they are capable of playing very loud and will fill small to medium sized rooms with sound. With three drivers in each speaker,this system is engineered to provide superior acoustics for any space.
I connected the speakers with a BlackBerry phone,Dell laptop and an Apple MacBook Pro. The performance was solid and you have got to hear it to believe it! They offer good clarity and a reasonable amount of bass. In my opinion,the Z600 is a perfect audio solution for living rooms,offices and other spaces that dont need powerful sound to fill them.
Overall,I liked the look of the speakers. They are attractive and sound good at modest volume levels and will connect effortlessly with your laptop,tablet or mobile phone. With a price tag of R12,990,they wont burn a hole in your pocket too!
Estimated street price: