Finance minister P Chidambaram has urged Saudi businesses to invest more in India, especially in sectors such as petrochemicals and infrastructure, so as to double trade between the two countries over the next five years.
Trade between India and Saudi Arabia touched $ 43 billion in FY13, while between April and October 2014, it stood at $ 29 billion, marking a 14 per cent increase over a year ago.
Citing opportunities in India, Chidambaram said Saudi businessmen can look for investment in projects like Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC); OPaL Petrochemical Complex, Gujarat; petrochemical complex at Mangalore; IOCL’s LNG project in Tamil Nadu; Paradip Refinery of IOCL and Kochi Petrochemical Project of BPCL.
The issue was taken up during the two-day visit of the finance minister to Saudi Arabia when he met with Saudi businessmen at the Council of Saudi Chambers of Commerce and Industry, according to an official release. To explore investment opportunities, a major business delegation from the Council of Saudi Chambers would accompany Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia and the Deputy Prime Minister and defence minister during his visit to India in February.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016