India and China on Wednesday held the third meeting of the Joint Working Group here to explore ways to encourage investment in setting up industrial parks in India under the ‘Make in India’ initiative. The Indian delegation was led by Ravneet Kaur, Joint Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry while the Chinese delegation was headed by Li Shaotong, Deputy Director General, Department of Outward Investment, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, an Indian Embassy press release said.
The Indian delegation also called on Vice Minister of Commerce, Gao Yan. The joint group was set up as pat of MOU to promote Chinese investment and setting up of Chinese industrial parks in India signed in Beijing during the visit of Vice President Hamid Ansari in 2014.
Two meetings of the Joint Working Group, (JWG) have already taken place with the last one being held in February 2016. The third Joint Working Group Meeting on ‘Cooperation on Industrial Parks’ focused on enhancing cooperation in Industrial Parks with Chinese investment in India.
During today’s meeting presentations were made on investment opportunities available under Make in India and the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor, the press release said. The JWG assessed progress made in existing and proposed Chinese investment projects and explored further steps to encourage more investment in setting up industrial parks in India.
India has been scouting for Chinese investments in Make in India programme, including in the industrial parks. After the meeting, the Indian delegation also visited the China Fortune Land Development Industrial Park in Gu’an, Hebei Province later in the day.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More