ICICI Bank, India’s leading private sector lender, is planning to double its lending to women self help groups (SHGs) over the next one year.
“Over the next year, we intend to double our reach and support to over two million women with cumulative disbursements of Rs 2,500 crore,” said Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO of the bank.
The bank has already lent Rs 1,000 crore to 70,000 SHGs spanning seven states in the last two-and-a-half years. The states include Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala.
The bank has reached out to a million women who borrow money in groups of 10 to 20 people to start small businesses such as jewellery making, handicrafts or cattle rearing. On the occasion of International Women’s Day, the bank handed over a cheque for Rs 1,74,029 to SHG representatives from rural Maharashtra.
The average ticket size of SHG loans is Rs 1.50 lakh while the interest rate is around 14 per cent for tenure ranging between 1-3 years.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More