Honda expects volume growth for its domestic two-wheeler market to moderate in FY15 versus the previous year as the high base of last year catches up, yet it aims to handsomely beat the industry with a 26% jump to 45 lakh units on the back of two new bike launches and the addition of 1,000 dealerships.
Honda is also investing over Rs 1,000 crore for a fourth plant in Gujarat, which will start operations in FY16.
The company announced the FY15 business targets at its 13th annual business meet in Japan.
Keita Muramatsu, president & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, said, “HMSI has set the challenging target of 45 lakh unit sales in FY15. I am confident that propelled by three new launches including the Activa 125 and aggressive network expansion, Honda will meet the expectations”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
This year, the company will launch a new model in the Dream entry bike range, and another sporty 160cc motorcycle targeting the youth.
YS Guleria, VP (sales & marketing), HMSI, said, “Honda will add 1000 new touch-points to its network. This translates to adding three outlets each day. With this, Honda will double its network in just two years from 1,950 outlets in FY13 to 3,800 outlets by end of FY15.”