By FE Online
Honda Activa, manufactured by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI), was named India’s No. 1 selling two-wheeler in March 2014. This is second time in FY’13-14 that Activa became No. 1 model in Indian two wheeler industry.
Overall, Honda Activa scooter sales went up 65 per cent to 179,956 units in March 2014, compared to 108,815 units sold in March, 2013.
Activa is leading by a good margin of nearly 13,000 units over the second largest selling two-wheeler model in India, HMSI said in a statement.
Speaking on this milestone, Yadvinder S. Guleria, vice president, sales & marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, said, “We are excited that Honda Activa has once again become the highest selling two-wheeler of India in March’14 after Sept’13. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of two-wheeler for commuting in the country.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Activa is now strongly making inroads in Tier-2 towns and beyond,” he added.
Activa, launched in FY2001-02, has re-activated the ATSC market in the country.