By FE Online
Honda Activa, manufactured by Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI), was named India’s No. 1 selling two-wheeler in March 2014. This is second time in FY’13-14 that Activa became No. 1 model in Indian two wheeler industry.
Overall, Honda Activa scooter sales went up 65 per cent to 179,956 units in March 2014, compared to 108,815 units sold in March, 2013.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Activa is leading by a good margin of nearly 13,000 units over the second largest selling two-wheeler model in India, HMSI said in a statement.
Speaking on this milestone, Yadvinder S. Guleria, vice president, sales & marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, said, “We are excited that Honda Activa has once again become the highest selling two-wheeler of India in March’14 after Sept’13. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of two-wheeler for commuting in the country.”
“Activa is now strongly making inroads in Tier-2 towns and beyond,” he added.
Activa, launched in FY2001-02, has re-activated the ATSC market in the country.