Country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp on Wednesday unveiled its 150cc diesel concept motorcycle and four other models, including a hybrid scooter.
Barring the 150cc diesel model ‘RNT’, the company plans to launch all other four models in the next financial year.
“Barring RNT, which is a concept, all four models, including the hybrid scooter would be launched during the next fiscal,” Hero Motocorp Managing Director and CEO Pawan Munjal told reporters.
Besides the hybrid scooter, a 250cc sport bike, 110cc scooter and 150cc bike are the new models.
RNT, Leap (hybrid scooter) and 250 cc bike HXR250R are completely new products, while Dash (110cc scooter) and Xtreme Sports (150cc bike) models are based on existing platforms, Munjal added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“We plan to launch 150cc Xtreme Sports bike in the first quarter, 110cc scooter Dash in the second quarter and Leap and 250cc sports bike in the second half of the next fiscal,” he said.
When asked about the time-frame for the launch of the RNT motorcycle, which sports a 150-cc diesel engine, Munjal said, “It’s a concept and we will have to do much research before we bring it to the commercial arena.”
Terming the product unique, Munjal said the company “will take time” and has not put a date for the launch of the vehicle.
“As we go ahead, we would like to add accessories, variants to the model…it will have usage in various countries besides India due to the kind of features it has,” he said.
RNT sports great fuel efficiency and would come with various features including two-wheel drive, he added.
Speaking on the hybrid Leap-with both petrol as well electric engine-Munjal said the company would first launch the vehicle in western markets and then bring it to India.
“The hybrid scooter will have a range of around 340 kms on one single charge and a tank full…the scooter’s range is better than any electric vehicle,” Munjal said.
Hero MotoCorp Senior Vice President (Marketing and Sales) Anil Dua said the company has already completed the launch of 11 models of the 15 models it had showcased in October 2013.
“We have already launched 11 models during the last quarter and the remaining four would be launched in the current (Jan-March) quarter,” Dua said.
All the recently launched models, especially Splendor i-Smart, have been well received by customers, he added.