Country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp on Wednesday unveiled its 150cc diesel concept motorcycle and four other models, including a hybrid scooter.
Barring the 150cc diesel model ‘RNT’, the company plans to launch all other four models in the next financial year.
“Barring RNT, which is a concept, all four models, including the hybrid scooter would be launched during the next fiscal,” Hero Motocorp Managing Director and CEO Pawan Munjal told reporters.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Besides the hybrid scooter, a 250cc sport bike, 110cc scooter and 150cc bike are the new models.
RNT, Leap (hybrid scooter) and 250 cc bike HXR250R are completely new products, while Dash (110cc scooter) and Xtreme Sports (150cc bike) models are based on existing platforms, Munjal added.
“We plan to launch 150cc Xtreme Sports bike in the first quarter, 110cc scooter Dash in the second quarter and Leap and 250cc sports bike in the second half of the next fiscal,” he said.
When asked about the time-frame for the launch of the RNT motorcycle, which sports a 150-cc diesel engine, Munjal said, “It’s a concept and we will have to do much research before we bring it to the commercial arena.”
Terming the product unique, Munjal said the company “will take time” and has not put a date for the launch of the vehicle.
“As we go ahead, we would like to add accessories, variants to the model…it will have usage in various countries besides India due to the kind of features it has,” he said.
RNT sports great fuel efficiency and would come with various features including two-wheel drive, he added.
Speaking on the hybrid Leap-with both petrol as well electric engine-Munjal said the company would first launch the vehicle in western markets and then bring it to India.
“The hybrid scooter will have a range of around 340 kms on one single charge and a tank full…the scooter’s range is better than any electric vehicle,” Munjal said.
Hero MotoCorp Senior Vice President (Marketing and Sales) Anil Dua said the company has already completed the launch of 11 models of the 15 models it had showcased in October 2013.
“We have already launched 11 models during the last quarter and the remaining four would be launched in the current (Jan-March) quarter,” Dua said.
All the recently launched models, especially Splendor i-Smart, have been well received by customers, he added.