As the Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a technology-based taxation system, the Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) has decided to launch an awareness campaign for the trading community from November 9 across the country.
Watch What Else is Making News
Under this campaign, workshops are planned to be held in a number of cities, including Mumbai.
“The large chunk of the trading community is still much away from computer system. The series of workshops is an attempt to train and educate them on GST compliance and its seamless adoption and to raise awareness of the procedural compliance under the new taxation system,” CAIT Secretary General Praveen Khandelwal said in Mumbai on Monday.
This will be a joint initiative of CAIT and Tally Solutions to educate traders that proper adoption of technology is a significant step in the successful adoption of GST, he added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
During the campaign, CAIT and Tally Solutions will reach out to trade associations, federations and chambers across the country and will also involve national organisations of different verticals from the non-corporate sector.
Besides Mumbai, the workshops will be conducted in other major cities, including New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengluru, Ahmedabad, Kanpur, Jaipur, Nagpur, Rourkela, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Raipur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Bhopal, Indore, Chandigarh, Pune, Cochin, among others.