The Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) has asked the government to approve a price of about $13 per million metric British thermal units for the natural gas it plans to produce from its field in KG basin this month.
GPSC is almost ready to begin production from its Deen Dayal West (DDW) gas field in Block KG-OSN-201/3 off the Andhra coast and wants a price approval.
GSPC has written two letters to the petroleum ministry since the new government led by Narendra Modi came to power in May, requesting approval of its pricing formula as per provision of the Production Sharing Contract (PSC), so that DDW can begin producing and gas sales can commence, official sources said.
The Gujarat government-owned company wants to price DDW gas at a rate equivalent to the price at which India imports long-term gas in its liquid form (liquefied natural gas or LNG) from Qatar.
Sources said GSPC had last year run a price discovery process using the Qatar price formula, generating demand which was more than 12 time the available gas, and sought approvals.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
At $100 per barrel oil price, this price comes to $12.93 per million British thermal unit, three-times the current rate of $4.2 paid to domestic producers.
While the previous UPA government had ignored the price discovery by GSPC and approved a formula which would have doubled the price of all domestic gas to $8.4, the new government has deferred its implementation till September 30 to see if users can pay this new price.
Stating that it will start production this month, GSPC said it produce about 28 million standard cubic feet per day (0.8 mmscmd) from two development wells, which will be ramped up to 55 mmscfd (1.55 mmscmd) after addition of two more development wells by February, 2015.
GSPC told the ministry that has invested substantial capital to develop the DDW gas discovery and the government should approve a rate as per its 2013 price discovery, they said.