Public land around railway stations across 100 proposed Smart Cities is set to be monetised, following the inking of a deal between the ministries of Urban Development and Railways on Wednesday, to create model railway stations.
Around 300 to 800 acres of such land in every Smart City would be redeveloped to create integrated transport hubs, passenger amenities, residential areas, and commercial units. The project will later be extended to all the 500 cities under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said several countries have expressed interest in being part of the project, including Germany, France and Japan.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu said 10 stations would be redeveloped in the initial phase, including Sarai Rohilla (Delhi), Puducherry, Jaipur, Lucknow, Varanasi, Margao (Goa), Bhubaneswar, Kota, Thane and Tirupati.