Public land around railway stations across 100 proposed Smart Cities is set to be monetised, following the inking of a deal between the ministries of Urban Development and Railways on Wednesday, to create model railway stations.
Around 300 to 800 acres of such land in every Smart City would be redeveloped to create integrated transport hubs, passenger amenities, residential areas, and commercial units. The project will later be extended to all the 500 cities under the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said several countries have expressed interest in being part of the project, including Germany, France and Japan.
Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu said 10 stations would be redeveloped in the initial phase, including Sarai Rohilla (Delhi), Puducherry, Jaipur, Lucknow, Varanasi, Margao (Goa), Bhubaneswar, Kota, Thane and Tirupati.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More