Subsidised LPG cylinders can be purchased without having an Aadhaar account, the government informed the Lok Sabha on Friday.
A clarification on delinking Aadhaar account from disbursal of subsidised LPG cylinders would be issued within a week, Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Veerappa Moily said during Question Hour. “A clarification will be issued within a week,” he said. As far as Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) is concerned, Cabinet has decided to delink Aadhar account from disbursal of subsidised LPG cylinders. Now, subsidised cylinders can be purchased without Aadhaar account, Moily said.
He said there have been some problems in DBT programme, mainly related to banks, which have been given Rs 435 per cylinder (for subsidy) which is not enough since the subsidised price of one cylinder has increased to Rs 700. He also emphasised that the government has not increased the price of subsidised cylinders for consumers. Under DBT, about 4.86 crore accounts have been made and around 2.06 crore households have received subsidised cylinders.
Regarding Know Your Customer (KYC) norms for LPG connections, the Minister said the government has already issued clarifications regarding multiple connections and would liberally look into the matter if required. “If there are two separate LPG connections in the same address, it would be allowed if there are separate kitchens or separate households…A declaration has to be made (by the consumer),” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016