Since its inception in July last year, the project monitoring group (PMG) of the Cabinet Committee on Investments has accorded clearances to150-odd core sector projects amounting to Rs 5.54 lakh crore, of which 113 projects involving investments to the tune of Rs 3.67 lakh crore have now been fast-tracked to the implementation stage.
According to data accessed by The Indian Express, investments worth Rs 3,24,919.92 crore is already in place, predominantly in coal and power sector.
“A lot of these investments were already in place but they have been de-clogged now. For instance, a power project may have been already in place but the fuel supply agreement was not signed. Such issues are being ironed out now that are helping to free up investments,” said an official involved in the development.
Execution of 80 power projects has now begun including the Talwandi Sabo power project in Punjab, a Rs 12,000 crore power project of Sterlite Energy, 23 coal projects and six projects relating to petroleum and natural gas.
“The PMG is trying to not only resolve all pending issues for infrastructure projects that were cleared by the CCI, but we are also now working on their implementation and touching base with state and district level officials to ensure that all approvals at state level are also given,” said the official.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
More investments could flow in with the environment ministry clearing 26 projects worth Rs 2 lakh crore since early this year.
With below-5 per cent growth for four consecutive quarters, the government has been hopeful that a slew of project clearances may help the economy get back on the 6 per cent GDP growth trajectory in FY15.