German luxury carmaker BMW on Thursday rolled out a diesel variant of its locally manufactured Sports Utility Vehicle, X5, from its Chennai plant at an ex-showroom price of Rs 70.9 lakh.
Initial deliveries of the all-new BMW X5 in India will commence by June as an overwhelming demand for the vehicle in the market has pushed the waiting period to three months, BMW said in a statement.
The diesel variant of the BMW X5 xDrive30d model, which was launched last month, is being locally produced at BMW’s plant in Chennai. “The third generation BMW X5 has received tremendous customer response and excitement since it was first displayed at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014,” BMW Group India President Philipp von Sahr said.
The company might also consider ramping up the production to meet the huge demand in the Indian market, he added. “The team at the facility will build the all-new BMW X5 with uncompromising engineering. We are confident that the BMW X5 produced in Chennai will further increase our momentum in the Indian luxury car segment,” said Robert Frittrang, Managing Director of BMW’s Chennai plant.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review