One of the most tumultuous welcomes in pop history is to be recreated next month when UK officials and a tribute band recreate the Beatles’ historic 1964 landing at JFK airport.
The band’s first visit to the United States sparked wild Beatlemania at the New York airport on Feb. 7, 1964.
UK Trade and Investment officials along with VisitBritain officials will accompany The Cavern City Beatles to the airport next month in a bid to spark interest in Beatles-related tourism.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
The delegation will include Liverpool city officials looking to lure tourists to the Beatles’ home city to visit sites described in their songs.
John Lennon’s half-sister Julia Baird said Monday that the band continues to play a vital economic role in Liverpool.