Arunachal Pradesh has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Andhra Pradesh-based company for development of Oil Palm in the state.
The MoU was signed here between state agriculture department and Ruchi Soya Industries, to cover an area of 5,000 hectare initially in the foothill areas of West Siang, Lower Subansiri, Papumpare and East Kameng districts, an official statement said today.
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The state’s Oil Palm potential areas have been divided into four zones and implementation of the production programme under central sector scheme on National Mission on Oilseeds and Oil Palm (NMOOP, Mini Mission-II) was started from 2013-14 in other zones.
The MoU signed was in respect of Zone-IV comprising four districts. Most encouraging aspect of the programme is assured buy back system by the developers for processing. Planting material is grown and managed mechanically in the locality of plantation by the developers. The initiative is a step towards gainful utilization of the vast land resource of the state for economic development through farming operation.
Agriculture Secretary Talem Tapok along with Director (Agri-Marketing), Corporate Head of Ruchi Soya Industries (Oil Palm division) P Mallesham accompanied by the DGM (Plantation) and Manager (Plantation) were present in the MoU signing function, the statement added.