In a detailed submission to the economic offences wing of the Mumbai Police, erstwhile managing director of NSEL, Anjani Sinha, has blamed Jignesh Shah for all the problems at NSEL.
In the signed affidavit of 54 pages, Sinha has claimed that Shah had set up NSEL to do ‘vyaj badla’ trading which used to be practised at the BSE but was subsequently banned.
“He had a passion to develop a similar mechanism for the commodity markets but MCX is a regulated market where no contracts could be launched without FMC permission. So he came up with a plan for a spot exchange for developing the vyaj badla market for the commodities market”.
Sinha goes on to say that 50 per cent of the profit of the FTIL Group came from NSEL and Shah was involved in the day-to-day management of the exchange. He said the international exchanges floated by Shah did not have much of genuine business.
“He has just created a mechanism for circular trading among a group of brokers who have taken membership of these exchanges. Shah compensates these members by cash in India. But through some mechanism, these members route the funds to these international exchanges.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
During the period of August-September 2013, he also forced officials of NSEL to sign different types of “admissions and submissions”, Sinha has claimed. Those documents were sent to him as a hard copy to be typed again. “In fact, by mistake, they sent one of those documents by email to me. Shah came to know about this. He became furious and immediately ensured personally standing in my cabin, that the mail was deleted from my personal computer, including server.”