Amazon India launched its ‘Great Indian Festival’ sale on Saturday midnight and received more users in the first 12 hours than it did in all five days of Diwali sale last year. More than 100,000 units were sold in less than first 30 minutes, figures released by the company said.
The ‘Great Indian Festival’ sale is on from October 1 to October 5, where Amazon is offering heavy discounts across electronics, appliances, apparels and consumables.
WATCH VIDEO: Being Chetan Bhagat
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Chetan Bhagat’s latest book One Indian Girl created a record for being the largest pre-order sale for any book across categories during Amazon’s #GreatIndianFestival Sale across categories on Amazon.in. At midnight on 1st October, Chetan Bhagat himself hand-delivered some of the customers their books. More than 70% of the customers who pre-ordered the book received their copy on the launch day itself. 100% of the prime customers got their book on the first day.
The first day of Amazon sale was biggest for CE category. Smartphones sales saw a phenomenal increase during the sale as compared to last year. Amazon Fashion reached new heights and saw six times increase in growth. On the other hand, Home and Kitchen appliances and consumables (FMCG) categories witnessed 10 times increase in growth.