Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi has described Narendra Modi’s BJP-led government’s first budget as “most disappointing.” In a statement, Gogoi said there was no indication of good days (‘achche din’) for the common man in the budget, as BJP’s much-trumpeted slogan during the Lok Sabha elections campaign claimed to usher in.
The Assam chief minister also said that whatever allocations Assam has got in the budget can be termed as ‘peanuts’ and this can hardly fulfil the expectations of the common man of the state.
Arun Jaitley’s budget proposals had Rs 3000 crores for national highways and state roads development and Rs 1000 crore for rail connectivity development in the Northeastern region, apart from Rs 100 crore for development of organic farming. Moreover, Rs 100 crore has been earmarked for setting up a sports university in Manipur apart from a separate TV channel for the region. A sizeable portion of the Rs 990 crore earmarked for socio-economic development of border villages is also supposed to flow to the Northeast.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen