Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Tuesday withdrew his government’s proposal to tax EPF withdrawals after severe opposition not just from political parties but from trade unions as well.
“In view of the representations received, the government would like to do a comprehensive review of this proposal and, therefore, I withdraw the proposals made in para 138 and 139 of my budget speech,” Jaitley said in Lok Sabha.
As expected, the Congress party was quick to claim credit for the rollback, with party vice president Rahul Gandhi saying: “My pressure worked… I had warned the government against suppressing the salaried class. It is a good decision.”
- Won’t flee country, family gives me strength: Robert Vadra
- Congress claims credit for EPF tax rollback
- Rahul demands rollback of proposed EPF withdrawal tax
- Arun Jaitley lashes out at Priyanka Gandhi, says she lowered political discourse
- BJP launches a scathing attack with Vadra CD, Priyanka Gandhi compares BJP to 'panicky rats'
- Priyanka denies report she was keen to contest against Modi
But along with Rahul, it was his brother-in-law Robert Vadra who claimed to have ‘earned his sweets’.
In a Facebook post, the businessman, who’s married to Priyanka Gandhi, claimed to have “done his best to voice each persons views through my (his) platform.” So delighted were his colleagues and gym attendants, he claims, that they greeted him with sweets.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Your support of likes and comments as well, made sure the media carried the message till the government, to make the change,” Vadra claimed.
Below is his Facebook post: