In an indication of the government’s policy direction, President Pranab Mukherjee in his address in the joint session of Parliament had said, “Government will follow a policy of encouraging investments… which will be allowed in sectors that help create jobs and assets”.
* The President in his address had also said the government will create a policy environment which is predictable, transparent and fair.
* The commerce and industry ministry has already moved a draft Cabinet note for relaxing FDI cap in defence, while it is working on a Cabinet note for FDI in railways.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
* The department of industrial policy and promotion has already written to states to implement the best practices for improving the conditions of doing business in the country.
* In the upcoming Budget, announcements related to bringing in certainty and rationalisation of tax policies are expected to boost FDI in the country. Further, with debate on simplifying laws like land acquisition act already started, investors are expecting conducive environment to invest money in India.