In an indication of the government’s policy direction, President Pranab Mukherjee in his address in the joint session of Parliament had said, “Government will follow a policy of encouraging investments… which will be allowed in sectors that help create jobs and assets”.
* The President in his address had also said the government will create a policy environment which is predictable, transparent and fair.
* The commerce and industry ministry has already moved a draft Cabinet note for relaxing FDI cap in defence, while it is working on a Cabinet note for FDI in railways.
* The department of industrial policy and promotion has already written to states to implement the best practices for improving the conditions of doing business in the country.
* In the upcoming Budget, announcements related to bringing in certainty and rationalisation of tax policies are expected to boost FDI in the country. Further, with debate on simplifying laws like land acquisition act already started, investors are expecting conducive environment to invest money in India.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest