Here’s what Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has alloacated in his Budget 2016-17 for social sector spending, including healthcare.
* Allocation for social sector including education and health care – Rs 1,51,581 crore.
* Rs 2,000 crore allocated for initial cost of providing LPG connections to BPL families.
* New health protection scheme will provide health cover up to Rs One lakh per family.
* For senior citizens an additional top-up package up to Rs 30,000 will be provided.
* 3,000 Stores under Prime Minister’s Jan Aushadhi Yojana will be opened during 2016-17.
* ‘National Dialysis Services Programme’ to be started under National Health Mission through PPP mode
* “Stand Up India Scheme” to facilitate at least two projects per bank branch.
* This scheme will benefit at least 2.5 lakh entrepreneurs.
* National Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Hub to be set up in partnership with industry associations
* Allocation of Rs 100 crore each for celebrating the Birth Centenary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay and the 350th Birth Anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.