Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Monday proposed listing of four wholly-owned PSU general insurance companies.
“…(proposed to) undertaking important banking sector reform and public listing of public sector general insurance and undertaking significant changes in FDI policy,” he said while unveiling Budget 2016-17 in Lok Sabha.
- Govt appoints retired officials on public insurers’ boards
- Finance Ministry warns PSU general insurers on huge underwriting losses
- Listing of PSU insurers: Poor solvency ratio, losses may hit plans
- CCEA clears proposal for listing five PSU general insurers in stock exchanges
- Get board nod for IPOs: Government to PSU insurers
- Budget 2016: Plan to list general insurers on the stock exchanges
There are four public sector general insurance companies — New India Assurance Company Ltd, National Insurance Company Ltd, Oriental Insurance Co Ltd, United India Insurance Co Ltd.
Besides, there are two specialised insurers — ECGC and AIC — one life insurance insurer, LIC.