Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Sunday latched on to the Government’s announcement that it has collected over Rs 65,000 crore in the biggest-ever declaration of black money to remind it of fulfilling BJP’s poll promise of depositing Rs 15 lakh in bank account of each citizen.
“Congratulations to FM. He should start transferring this to People’s A/C in Jan Dhan Yojna as promised by Modi & BJP or was it only a Jumla?”, the senior party leader said in a tweet.
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
His remarks came a day after government said that Rs 65250 crore has been declared as unaccounted income and assets under the four-month-long Income Declaration scheme 2016 which ended on Friday last.
The Congress General Secretary also sought to remind the ruling dispensation that the surgical strikes carried out in PoK were less in significance than the breakup of Pakistan carried out by Indira Gandhi in 1971.
“All credit to our brave soldiers for the effective Surgical Strike in POK recently. But does it overshadow or is more decisive than the one when we broke up Pakistan into two under Mrs Indira Gandhi in 1971 ?”, he wondered.