State Bank of India today reported a marginal 3.3 per cent increase in net profit to Rs 3,349.08 crore for the quarter ended June 30 even as provision for bad debts increased significantly.
The country’s largest bank had a standalone net profit of Rs 3,241.08 crore in the same quarter last year. Total income increased to Rs 40,739.21 crore during the quarter, against Rs 36,192.62 crore in the same period a year ago.
Provision for bad loans increased to Rs 3,903.41 crore as against Rs 2,265.83 crore in the year-ago period.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
However, the bank’s gross non-performing assets (NPAs) declined to 4.90 per cent of total advances at the end of June, against 5.56 per cent a year ago.
On a consolidated basis, the bank’s net profit fell 3.3 per cent to Rs 4,448.15 crore for the quarter ended June 30, against Rs 4,298.56 crore in the year-ago period.
Total income increased to Rs 60,620.93 crore as against Rs 52,502.29 crore in the April-June quarter of 2013-14. In value terms, SBI’s Gross NPAs increased to Rs 60,434.24 crore (4.90 per cent of loans) during the June quarter, from Rs 60,891.46 crore (5.56 per cent) in the year- ago period.
Net NPAs of the bank rose to Rs 31,883.80 crore (2.65 per cent) at the end of the first quarter, against Rs 29,989.84 crore (2.83 per cent) in the year-ago period.
Shares of SBI were trading 0.95 per cent down at Rs 2,413.95 during afternoon trade on the BSE.