Extending its rising streak, the Indian rupee appreciated by 41 paise to trade at fresh 10-month high of 58.88 against the dollar in early trade today on foreign capital inflows on expectations of stable government at the Centre.
The rupee had gained 39 paise to close at a nearly 10-month high of 59.29 against the dollar yesterday. Today, it gained further on sales of the US currency by banks and exporters.
Besides, strong opening of the domestic equity market which soared to an all-time high of 24,930.42, dollar’s weakness against other currencies overseas also supported the local currency, forex dealers said.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex zoomed by 1,024.82 points, or 4.29 per cent, to trade an new record high of 24,930.42 in opening trade today.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest