The Reserve Bank of India will soon issue 10-rupee bank notes with the signature of Governor Raghuram Rajan.
The notes of 10-rupee denomination in the Mahatma Gandhi Series-2005 bearing the signature of Governor Rajan will be issued shortly, the central bank said in a release today.
The notes will bear the rupee symbol on the obverse and reverse sides, with inset letter A in both numbering panels.
The year of issue, 2014, will be printed on the reverse side of the notes, it added.
“The design of these notes to be issued now is similar in all respects to the Rs 10 bank notes in Mahatma Gandhi Series-2005 issued earlier,” it said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
All bank notes of Rs 10 denomination issued in the past will continue to be legal tender, the RBI added.