The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) today said it will infuse an additional Rs 10,000 crore into the system on Friday to ease the tight liquidity situation,ahead of commencement of advance tax payments.
“As the liquidity conditions are expected to tighten on account of advance tax payments commencing from mid-December 2013,RBI has decided to provide additional liquidity of 10,000 crore through the 14-day term repo scheduled to be conducted on December 13,2013,” it said in a release.
RBI said that it has been closely monitoring liquidity conditions so as to ensure that adequate liquidity is available to support flow of credit to productive sectors of the economy.
Accordingly,the notified amount for the 14-day term repo auction to be conducted on December 13,2013 will be adjusted upwards by 10,000 crore,it added.
RBI Governor Raguram Rajan during a function in New Delhi today said the central bank will take steps to improve liquidity situation,especially in the government securities (G-Sec) market.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“In the coming weeks,we will roll out more measures. We have rolled out some,such as interest rate futures but we will roll out more measures to improve the liquidity and depth of the G-sec market.
In particular,we need to look at increasing liquidity across the spectrum of bonds that are traded not just for 10-year bonds….We will also strengthen corporate debt market,” Rajan said.