The Reserve Bank Friday came out with the draft guidelines for centralised hedging for local subsidiaries of foreign companies. The overseas parent of a company or its central treasury can hedge the currency risks arising from genuine current account exposures of the local subsidiary to better manage the latter’s currency risk, the RBI said in a notification.
The RBI, which had first announced the move in the October policy review, has invited comments on the draft rules by November 11. The purpose of the new policy is “to provide greater flexibility for hedging the currency risks arising from current account transactions of domestic subsidiaries of multinationals by the parent or any non-resident group entity”, the central bank said.
It is proposed that such companies will be able to hedge in all foreign currency-rupee derivatives. But to avail of the facility, the foreign entity will have to be incorporated here, as India is member of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the draft guidelines said.
It may approach a registered investment bank which handles the forex transactions of its subsidiary for hedging the currency risk of and on the latter’s behalf, the RBI said, adding the foreign entity can also approach the i-bank either directly or through its banker overseas.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More