- Live Cricket Streaming India vs Bangladesh T20 Nidahas Trophy 2018 final: When and where to watch IND vs BAN T20 final Live
- India vs Bangladesh Live Score Live Streaming Nidahas Trophy Final: Rohit Sharma reaches 50 after India lose KL Rahul
- Gorakhpur DM, who stopped media from entering counting centre, promoted
RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan’s decision to not seek a second term is a “personal one” which everybody should respect, ICICI Bank MD & CEO Chanda Kochhar said on Sunday.
“Rajan’s decision to return to academia is a personal one which we must respect. I wish Rajan all the very best for the years ahead,” Kochhar said in a statement on Sunday.
- India Inc on new RBI Governor Urjit Patel: Elevation ‘signals continuity’, markets to draw comfort
- Rajan’s exit ‘bad omen’ for Indian economy, reputation abroad: Economists, policymakers
- Rajan leaving not a good sign for Indian economy: ASSOCHAM
- After Rajan’s exit, Swamy announces he will expose 27 bureaucrats loyal to Sonia Gandhi
- Raghuram Rajan-mukt RBI: ‘was open (to second term), consulted govt… will return to academia’
- Govt lauds Rajan’s ‘good work’, successor soon: Jaitley
In her comments, which come a day after Rajan surprised all by disclosing his decision to return back to the University of Chicago, Kochhar said under him, the RBI played a major role in steering the economy in a volatile world.
There has been a widespread criticism about the government’s inability to retain Rajan, who has been widely lauded for his leadership during the three-year stint at the central bank, for another term.
Rajan’s decision, which came after sharp criticism by ruling BJP’s Subramanian Swamy where the lawmaker also questioned the Governor’s patriotism, has been used by the Opposition to attack the government.
“Today, India is the world’s fastest growing large economy with stable macroeconomic indicators…India will continue to remain on a very robust growth path,” Kochhar said.