Organised sector workers covered under private PF trusts, which manage their employees’ retirement fund themselves, will be able to transfer their PF accounts online from July this year.
There are over 3,000 private PF trusts, which manage the accounts as well as retirement fund of their workers. These trusts are regulated by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
“The EPFO has planned to launch the facility of online transfer of PF account from private PF trusts to exempted firms, which are filing PF returns and vice versa, in July this year,” an official of the body said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Un-exempted firms are those that maintain the PF accounts of their workers with EPFO. There are over 5 crore active subscribers whose accounts are being managed by EPFO.
The online transfer of PF claims facility has been made available after the EPFO launched its online transfer claim portal (OTCP) on October 2, last year.
At present, this facility is available to workers of
(un-exempted) firms which do not have their PF trusts and manage their employees’ accounts with their respective regional fund commissioners.
The facility of online transfer of provident fund accounts is aimed at reducing the work load of the body substantially as over 13 lakh applicants file such claims every year.
During 2012-13, the EPFO settled 107.62 lakh claims, 88% of which were processed within 30 days, as prescribed by the body’s citizen charter.