Organised sector workers covered under private PF trusts, which manage their employees’ retirement fund themselves, will be able to transfer their PF accounts online from July this year.
There are over 3,000 private PF trusts, which manage the accounts as well as retirement fund of their workers. These trusts are regulated by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
“The EPFO has planned to launch the facility of online transfer of PF account from private PF trusts to exempted firms, which are filing PF returns and vice versa, in July this year,” an official of the body said.
Un-exempted firms are those that maintain the PF accounts of their workers with EPFO. There are over 5 crore active subscribers whose accounts are being managed by EPFO.
The online transfer of PF claims facility has been made available after the EPFO launched its online transfer claim portal (OTCP) on October 2, last year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
At present, this facility is available to workers of
(un-exempted) firms which do not have their PF trusts and manage their employees’ accounts with their respective regional fund commissioners.
The facility of online transfer of provident fund accounts is aimed at reducing the work load of the body substantially as over 13 lakh applicants file such claims every year.
During 2012-13, the EPFO settled 107.62 lakh claims, 88% of which were processed within 30 days, as prescribed by the body’s citizen charter.