Kotak Mahindra Bank has acquired Karnataka-focused BSS Microfinance for Rs 139.2 crore in an all cash deal, enabling the private sector bank to enter the high-growth microlending segment.
The acquisition will give Kotak access to BSS’s growing customer base which currently stands at over 2,17,000 and network of 78 branches (as on June 30, 2016). BSS witnessed a 30 per cent growth in its loanbook which stood at Rs 483 crore as of March 2016 while the non-performing assets were at 0.003 per cent overdue for a day or more.
Narayan SA, president (Commercial Banking, Kotak Mahindra Bank, said, “The capabilities and processes required for this customer segment are unique, and cannot be created easily or organically in a short span. BSS is of the right size, culturally compatible with Kotak, and has proven its processes and value systems over a decade.” BSS, which lends only to women under the joint lending group model, has an average loan size of Rs 22,000 and all the loans qualify under priority sector lending guidelines, which would be of a help to the private bank.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Ramesh Bellamkonda, chairman & MD, BSS Microfinance, said, “We will now be able to expand, and provide better products and services ..I am excited about the prospect that we can now play a more meaningful role to alleviate poverty …much better than we have done so far.”