The Indian rupee strengthened by 13 paise to 59.60 against the dollar in early trade today at the Interbank Foreign Exchange market on increased selling of the American currency by exporters and banks.
Besides, a higher opening in the domestic equity market also supported the rupee, but dollar’s gains against other currencies overseas on a strong US jobs reports capped the rise, forex dealers said.
The rupee after surging to three-week highs, lost 4 paise to close at 59.73 against the dollar in yesterday’s trade on weakness in local stocks and persistent demand for the American currency from importers.
Meanwhile, the benchmark BSE Sensex recovered 53.97 points, or 0.21 per cent, to 25,877.72 in early trade today.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest