The country’s largest private sector lender, ICICI Bank, today reported three per cent rise in its consolidated net profit at Rs 2,832 crore.
On a standalone basis, the bank posted 17 per cent rise in net profit at Rs 2,655 crore. The Chanda Kochhar-led bank had reported a post tax net profit of Rs 2,274 crore in the corresponding period, it said in a statement.
During the reported quarter, the bank’s total income increased to Rs 14,616 crore from Rs 12,904 crore in the year ago period.
Its operating profit was up 18 per cent to Rs 4,517 crore as against Rs 3,814 crore in the April-June period of last year. The bank’s total provisions were up 22.42 per cent to Rs 726 crore as against Rs 593 crore in the same period year ago.
The bank’s shares were trading 0.31 per cent down at Rs 1,485 apiece during afternoon trade on the BSE.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016