Housing finance lender HDFC Bank today reported a 10.8 per cent jump in net profit at Rs 1,723.10 crore for the fourth quarter ended March, 2014.
HDFC had a net profit of Rs 1,555.21 crore in the January-March quarter of the previous fiscal, HDFC Ltd said in a statement.
The total income rose to Rs 6,620.33 crore in the quarter ended March 31, from Rs 5,666.08 core in the corresponding period a year ago.
The board proposed a dividend of Rs 14 per share on the face value of Rs 2 each for the financial year 2013-14.
For the entire fiscal ended March 31, 2014, the company reported a 12.2 per cent rise in net profit at Rs 5,440.24 crore, compared to Rs 4,848.34 crore in 2012-13.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
During the year, total income improved to Rs 24,143.01 crore from Rs 21,112.50 core in 2012-13.
Net Interest Margin of HDFC stood at 4.1 per cent at the end of March 2014.
As at March, 2014, the loan book stood at Rs 1,97,100 crore as against Rs 1,70,046 crore in the previous year, an increase of 16 per cent.
Loans sold during the preceding 12 months amounted to Rs 6,944 crore, of which Rs 5,317 crore was sold in the quarter ended March 31, 2014, it said.
With regard to asset quality, gross non-performing loans stood at Rs 1,357 crore at the end of FY’14. This is equivalent to 0.69 per cent of the portfolio.
On consolidated basis, the net profit of the company increased 20 per cent in 2013-14 to Rs 7,947.82 crore, against Rs 6,639.72 crore in the previous financial year.
The total income on consolidated basis during the quarter increased to Rs 12,296.02 crore from Rs 11,042.88 crore for the quarter ended March, 2013.