Private sector lender HDFC Bank today reported 21.1 per cent growth in net profit to Rs 2,233 crore for the quarter ended June 2014.
The bank had earned a net profit of Rs 1,844 crore in the April-June quarter of 2013-14, HDFC Bank said in a statement.
The total income of the bank rose to Rs 13,070.65 crore during the quarter under review, against Rs 11,588.56 crore in the same period last year.
The net interest margin for the bank declined to 4.4 per cent in the April-June quarter, against 4.6 per cent in the same period of the previous year.
However, interest earned by the bank increased 16.1 per cent to Rs 11,220.1 crore from Rs 9,663.0 crore in the same quarter last year.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The bank’s other income (non-interest revenue) surged 26 per cent to Rs 1,850.6 crore for the April-June quarter.
As of June 30, HDFC Bank’s gross non-performing assets (NPAs) increased marginally to 1.07 per cent of gross advances, against 1.04 per cent at the end of first quarter of the last fiscal.
Net non-performing assets stood at 0.3 per cent of net advances as on June 30, 2014.
Shares of HDFC Bank were trading 0.55 per cent up at Rs 837 apiece during afternoon trade on the BSE.