Get ready to pay more for using automated teller machines (ATMs). The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cut the number of free transactions at ATMs of other banks in six metros to three from five a month following persistent demand from banks.
The RBI has also advised banks that at least five free transactions (inclusive of financial and non financial transactions) per month should be permitted to the savings bank account customers for use of own bank ATMs at all locations. “Beyond this, banks may put in place appropriate board approved policy relating to charges for customers for use of own bank.”
The central bank has allowed banks to impose a charge of Rs 20 per transaction on additional use of ATMs. The six metro centres are: Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad. “Nothing, however, precludes a bank from offering more than three free transactions at other bank ATMs to its account holders if it so desires,” the RBI said in a notification to banks.
If the customer of one bank goes to the ATM of another bank, he can use it free only for three times in a month. If the customer uses his bank’s (where he maintains the account) own ATM, he can use it free for five times.
In the case of other bank ATMs, the reduction will not apply to small, no frills and Basic Savings Bank Deposit account holders.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016