Get ready to pay more for using automated teller machines (ATMs). The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cut the number of free transactions at ATMs of other banks in six metros to three from five a month following persistent demand from banks.
The RBI has also advised banks that at least five free transactions (inclusive of financial and non financial transactions) per month should be permitted to the savings bank account customers for use of own bank ATMs at all locations. “Beyond this, banks may put in place appropriate board approved policy relating to charges for customers for use of own bank.”
The central bank has allowed banks to impose a charge of Rs 20 per transaction on additional use of ATMs. The six metro centres are: Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad. “Nothing, however, precludes a bank from offering more than three free transactions at other bank ATMs to its account holders if it so desires,” the RBI said in a notification to banks.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
If the customer of one bank goes to the ATM of another bank, he can use it free only for three times in a month. If the customer uses his bank’s (where he maintains the account) own ATM, he can use it free for five times.
In the case of other bank ATMs, the reduction will not apply to small, no frills and Basic Savings Bank Deposit account holders.