India and Switzerland are discussing ways to share information on specific accounts relating to black money stashed in the European nation, finance minister P Chidambaram said here on Saturday.
He added that he received a reply on his letter from his Swiss counterpart and will send India’s response in the next few days.
“This is a matter where the Swiss minister and I are discussing with each other how information into specific account (relating to black money) can be provided by the Swiss government to Indian government,” Chidambaram said while replying to a media query at the AICC headquarters.
On his letter to Swiss finance minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf for revealing information on bank accounts in Switzerland, he said, “We have got a reply. I got a reply a week ago and we are working on a further letter now.”
As regards content of the letter, he said, “It’s a long reply and the minister has defended the Swiss position in some matter.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The minister has made conciliatory statement in one of the matters. The reply is being studied very carefully and we will send further letter in the next few days.”
In his two-page letter to Swiss Minister in March, Chidambaram had threatened to drag the European nation to multilateral foras like G20 for continuing to block India’s requests for information.