India and Switzerland are discussing ways to share information on specific accounts relating to black money stashed in the European nation, finance minister P Chidambaram said here on Saturday.
He added that he received a reply on his letter from his Swiss counterpart and will send India’s response in the next few days.
“This is a matter where the Swiss minister and I are discussing with each other how information into specific account (relating to black money) can be provided by the Swiss government to Indian government,” Chidambaram said while replying to a media query at the AICC headquarters.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
On his letter to Swiss finance minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf for revealing information on bank accounts in Switzerland, he said, “We have got a reply. I got a reply a week ago and we are working on a further letter now.”
As regards content of the letter, he said, “It’s a long reply and the minister has defended the Swiss position in some matter.
The minister has made conciliatory statement in one of the matters. The reply is being studied very carefully and we will send further letter in the next few days.”
In his two-page letter to Swiss Minister in March, Chidambaram had threatened to drag the European nation to multilateral foras like G20 for continuing to block India’s requests for information.