ICICI Bank has appointed Anup Bagchi, who is currently MD and CEO of ICICI Securities, as executive director of the bank and head of retail banking in place of Rajiv Sabharwal. Shilpa Kumar will replace Bagchi as MD and CEO of ICICI Securities. Shilpa will be succeeded by B Prasanna as Group Executive and Head of Markets and Proprietary Trading at ICICI Bank, as per the decisions taken by its board here on Friday. The board also took on record the resignation of Sabharwal as executive director consequent to his decision to pursue opportunities outside the ICICI group, effective January 31, 2017, ICICI Bank said in a regulatory filing.
Sabharwal has been with the group for 22 years, except for a brief spell when he had moved to Sequoia Capital. He was instrumental in retail expansion of the group in recent years. To facilitate a smooth transition, Sabharwal will continue in office as ED till January 31, 2017.
As MD and CEO of ICICI Securities, Bagchi has been instrumental in expanding its retail and online presence and doubling customer base. Bagchi will take over as the head of retail banking effective November 1. His appointment to the board will be effective February 1, 2017, or the date of regulatory approval of his appointment, whichever is later. He joined ICICI in 1992. Over the last 24 years, he has worked in key positions in the ICICI group in retail banking, corporate and investment banking and treasury.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
During his tenure at ICICI Securities, he has led the growth and development of the retail broking, retail financial product distribution and wealth management businesses, the bank said, adding that he is not related to any other director of the bank.